Monday, October 8, 2012

Get the Mosquito Spray!


Camping every summer was an annual vacation my family and cousins took. Running into the lake with your phone in your pocket was just the beginning of the fun that the week of camping had in store for me and my family. There was one particular moment on that trip that had everyone on their backs gut laughing. My little brother Gabe, my cousin Seth, my mom, and I all were sleeping in a small tent in the middle of a large and loud woods. You could hear the winds roar louder and louder. The sky was completely dark, the only light was a lantern given to us by our grandma. Our eyes where all getting heavy and tired, then we fell right to sleep. In the middle of the night we all happened to wake up at the same time covered in mosquito bites! Everyone was itching and scratching. I asked Seth if he would grab the mosquito spray outside of the tent on the picnic table, about 10 feet away. He looked at me with a straight face. I could tell he was kind of scared to. Seth unzipped the tent and started walking toward the picnic table. Since we was so freaked out I thought I mine as well scare him even more. I told him "Seth slowly walk back to the tent! Don't look back!" I defiantly got him! Seth took about 2 steps and then we dove in mid air for the tent! I've never seen anyone dive so long in my life. He was so scared and his face was priceless! I had such a fun trip and even though we are all growing up, I will always remember the great times I've had with my cousins.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this piece is really good. I like how you added so much detail to what happened. :)

    ReplyDelete