Monday, October 29, 2012

Patriots Pen


Author's Note: This is my Patriots Pen. I wrote it in a form of a letter written to George Washington, I hope you enjoy.

Dear George Washington,

I’m writing to you with much respect, you helped shape this wonderful country and will always have an impact on each and every citizen. I thank you so much for all of your hard work you put towards your presidency and the country.

In the beginning of the  making of our country slavery was a often spoken topic. I couldn’t agree more with your decision in 1790 when you signed the Naturalization Act to welcome people of the other race to become a citizen of America or when you played the first act of banning slavery. You, George Washington, helped save the country from more tragedy to strike and slavery was just the thing to cause it.

Slavery was a very upsetting topic you had to face during your presidency but there were many other very uplifting. For example, you were the one to confirm the Bill of Rights. If it weren’t for you people would running around crazy! I appreciate that you did that. Another example of  a major act you may have done may be when you played a big part in helping end the revolutionary war.

I’m assuming you know about your time period, so I thought maybe you’d want to hear about mine! Presently our president is Barak Obama. He isn’t a bad president, but I don’t think he had enough to offer our country. A popular business was made called Apple, they have phones, I-pods, and I-pads. Not that you’d know what those even are. Besides that years ago they invited something that practically saved me from not missing the school bus every morning, microwaves. All I have to do is a pop a microwavable waffle in their click 60 seconds and there’s breakfast!

I hope that my letter has brought you comfort knowing everyone in America is doing just fine. There’s always going to be some type of struggle but we just have to stick together and fight through it. As the first president I’m sure you had to do that quite a bit. Buck up and fight! Because that’s what you have to do sometimes to keep things in line. I thank you for being a good row-model to all of the citizens. I don’t think we could’ve had a better person to start this country up and running. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your fight you put towards this country and for not giving up.

                                                                               Sincerely,
                                                                                         Citizen of the United States of America 

No comments:

Post a Comment